Throughout history, the vast majority of people have believed that government was a necessary part of human existence…and so there have always been governments. People have believed they had to have a government because their leaders said so, because they always had one, and most of all because they found the world unexplainable and frightening and felt a need for someone to lead them.
Mankind’s fear of freedom has always been a fear of self-reliance—of being thrown on his own to face a frightening world, with no one else to tell him what to do. But we are no longer terrified savages making offerings to a lightning god or cowering Medieval serfs hiding from ghosts and witches.
We have learned that man can understand and control his environment and his own life, and we have no need of high priests or kings or presidents to tell us what to do. Government is now known for what it is. It belongs in the dark past with the rest of man’s superstitions. It’s time for men and women to grow up so that each individual can walk forward into the sunlight of freedom…in full control of their own life!
- victoria-katheryn reblogged this from conza
- iambinarymind reblogged this from conza
- iambinarymind likes this
- zeropercenthipster reblogged this from conza
- lazy-calm likes this
- floc3an likes this
- interspeciesinternational likes this
- gerhardnihonto likes this
- unrg likes this
- futurecosmos likes this
- makeitlemonade likes this
- thegreatcompromise likes this
- dom72 reblogged this from becauseithinktoomuch
- dom72 likes this
- becauseithinktoomuch reblogged this from conza
- freexcitizen likes this
- voluntaryexchange likes this
- lendahandandliftme likes this
- conza posted this