Without Austrian economics, I would not have had my political career. The strongest motivating force in my political activities is to live free since I was born free. Liberty is my first goal. The free market is the only result that can be expected from a free society. I do not accept individual freedom because the market is efficient. Even if the free market were less “efficient” than central planning, I would still prefer my personal freedom to coercion. Fortunately, I don’t need to make a choice. Austrian economics upholds the market’s efficiency, and that reinforces my overwhelming desire and right to be free. If no adequate intellectual explanation existed as to the efficiency of the free market, no political activism of any sort would be possible for any pro-freedom person. Our position would only be a theoretical pipe dream.
— Ron Paul, Pillars of Prosperity: Free Markets, Honest Money, Private Property.
- lendahandandliftme reblogged this from conza
- was--ist--liebe reblogged this from conza
- was--ist--liebe likes this
- tumblrnamesarehardtomake reblogged this from lalibertarienne
- blistexfan likes this
- self-ownership likes this
- deadeyedix likes this
- missgreenwalt likes this
- cloudlikemercury likes this
- lalibertarienne reblogged this from conza
- conza posted this